People on the Move: Additions to Brown Surgical, NAIL, YMCA of Pawtucket and RI Hospitality
Tuesday 06 September 2022
GoLocal’s People on the Move is an update on new hires and promotions in southern New England. If your organization has an announcement, email it to us at [email protected].
View larger +
NAIL continues to expand its team with a new project manager
NAIL Communications, an award-winning creative agency, is adding Susan Hasten as project director, according to partner Jeanette Palmer. Hasten will work on Lifespan, IGT and Preservation Society of Newport accounts, among others, in addition to the agency’s process development and client service initiatives.
GET THE LATEST NEWS HERE – SIGN UP FOR GLOCAL’S FREE DAILY EBLAST
“We are thrilled to have Susan as a permanent member of NAIL,” Palmer said. “Her comprehensive expertise and strategic approach to brand building has made her an invaluable asset to our clients and our account team.”
Prior to joining NAIL, Hasten ran her own practice as an independent marketing consultant, where she specialized in marketing strategy for nonprofit organizations. Her entrepreneurial spirit remained constant throughout her career as she built and ran a successful design business, Hasten Design Studio, for nearly two decades in Washington, DC. Additionally, Hasten was Senior Leader/Group Account Director at RP3 Agency in Washington, DC, and served as Vice President at Brunnerworks (formerly AXIS Communications) where she led a team that developed brand initiatives. awards for the agency’s clients.
Hasten is a graduate of George Washington University, where she earned her BA in Journalism.
“I am thrilled to join the smart, talented and incredibly welcoming team at NAIL. They are the best in the business and it is a pleasure to work alongside them every day,” said Hasten.
View larger +
Fellowship-trained surgeon joining the Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at Brown Surgical Associates
Brown Surgical Associates announced today that it welcomes fellow-trained surgeon Katherine P. MacCallum, MD, to the firm’s Vascular and Endovascular Surgery division.
MacCallum’s professional interests encompass the entirety of vascular surgery with particular emphasis on critical limb ischemia and limb salvage, surgical education, and vascular sequelae of diabetes.
“Our mission at Brown Surgical Associates is to provide world-class surgical care to the people of Rhode Island, southeastern Massachusetts and beyond,” said Dr. William Cioffi, president of Brown Surgical Associates. “The addition of such a skilled fellow-trained surgeon as Dr. MacCallum to our world-class vascular and endovascular surgery team will enable us to fulfill this mission.
MacCallum received his medical degree from St. George’s University in Grenada, WI. She then completed her residency at Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, as well as her fellowship in Vascular Surgery at Medstar Washington Hospital Center and Georgetown University. As a New England native, MacCallum is excited to bring her practice back to the Northeast.
“When I heard about the opportunity to join the Vascular Surgery Division within Brown Surgical Associates, I jumped at the chance. As a New England born and raised, I was looking forward to to be able to return closer to my family and serve the people of Rhode Island,” MacCallum said. “There is such a need for excellent vascular care that is accessible and close to home. in this community, I will be able to help provide that to both Providence and the surrounding communities.
MacCallum now sees patients at 2 Dudley Street, Suite 470 in Providence, RI, and in Smithfield at 900 Douglas Pike. She can be reached at 401-553-8325.
View larger +
The RI Hospitality Association (RIHA) is pleased to announce that Providence resident Katie Kleyla has been named Events and Marketing Manager.
In her role, Kleyla is responsible for managing the day-to-day planning and execution of all RIHA and RI Hospitality Education Foundation (RIHEF) events, conferences, training opportunities; Develop and communicate internal and RIHA and RIHEF member messages; develop the Association’s presence on social media; collaborate with all staff to contribute to brand development, agenda setting, etc.
“Katie has proven to be a valuable member of our team and an excellent resource for her colleagues and for our members,” said Dale J. Venturini, President and CEO, RIHA. “She has been integral to executing our mission and has done an excellent job coordinating each of our countless events throughout the year, while spreading our message and helping to shine a light on all that we do for the industry here at RIHA.”
Prior to joining RIHA, Kleyla served as Director of Events and Marketing for Gracie’s in Providence; as an independent marketing and events consultant; and in 2010, she became the youngest ever elected councilor in the City of East Providence, serving as Councilor for Ward 1 until 2012. She most recently served as Director of Private Events and Marketing for The Statesman Tavern at Bristol, Rhode. Island.
Kleyla received a Bachelor of Music degree from the University of Rhode Island in 2009. Outside of work, Kleyla is also a professional singer, performing with a variety of area ensembles including The New Providence Big Band and The Kleyla Family Band.
View larger +
Dr. Kevin Martins Joins YMCA of Pawtucket Board of Directors
The YMCA of Pawtucket is pleased to welcome Dr. Kevin K. Martins to its Board of Directors, effective June 2022. Dr. Martins is an educator, activist and thought leader dedicated to inclusion and justice and will be an invaluable resource in advancing Mission Y.
“We are thrilled to welcome Kevin to our 2022 Board of Directors,” said Charlie Clifford, CEO of YMCA of Pawtucket. “His passion for community development and activism speaks for itself, and his extensive experience in education will be a great asset as we seek to expand our enrichment and mentorship opportunities.”
Dr. Martins is currently the Assistant Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Bryant University. He sits on the Pawtucket Mayor’s Community Board of Directors and works to bridge community engagement with city government. He is also co-founder and president of the Shea Alumni Association, a group focused on supporting current high school students through college programs and scholarships. As a mentorship advocate, Dr. Martins works closely with Brothers On a New Direction (BOND), an organization for young men of color centered on the values of brotherhood, leadership, service, responsibility, and mentorship.
At the University of Rhode Island, Dr. Martins earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and a Master of Science in Business Administration. Additionally, he holds a PhD in Education in Educational Leadership from Johnson & Wales University. Dr. Martins is married and proud father of three children.
For more information about Dr. Martins or the YMCA of Pawtucket, please contact Jennifer Almeida at 831.6123.
- People on the Move: Trinity appoints a new Managing Director and Engel & Völkers strengthens its team
- People on the Move: OceanPoint Adds Farmer, RPL Adds Lead Agent, and NAIL Continues to Grow
- People on the Move: Botelho joins BankRI and Kleinman leaves RISD for Brown
- People on the Move: Duffy and Sweeney Add Two, State Seeking Candidates for Senior Preservation Position
- People on the Move: Cuervo adds another, Nail continues team expansion
- People on the Move: Nail Adds Senior Strategist, Mott & Chace Adds Top Agent Cullion
- People on the Move: New Big Lender at BankNewport, Brewmaster Luke Moves to Ragged Island
- People on the Move: Changes to WaterFire Board, JWU Vice Chancellor Appointed to NE Higher Education Commission
- People on the Move: New Leaders of Veterinary Organization, RI Food Dealers and RISE
- People on the Move: RISD’s head of architecture leaves for London, Park’s culinary director
- People on the Move: Ranglin named head of RIBBA and BankRI makes appointment
- People on the move: Steere House new head, RP appoints new broker, NAIL adds another
- People on the Move: Shallcross named CEO of Amica
- People on the move: Sweeney steps up to People’s Credit Union, residential properties adds Wilson
- People on the Move: Home Loan Appoints Two Senior VPs, BVP Appoints New CEO and Superintendent
- People on the move: major announcements at Neighbourhood, RICADV and NAIL
- People on the Move: Allain rises in rank, Chhay is elected chairman of the RIHEBC board of directors and more
- People on the Move: Rogers named managing partner at Hinckley Allen
- People on the Move: Cavanagh, Tassoni and Gilchrist have new slots
- People on the Move: Neighborhood Health Plan Appoints Husband and Carlson to Top Jobs
- People on the Move: Bruun new permanent CEO at KVH
- People on the Move: Pimental joins Engel & Völkers, new board members of Meals on Wheels
- People on the Move: New BankNewport Appointments, CCRI Appoints VP and More
- People on the Move: McCormack to head RI Arts Council, DesignxRI names new leader and more
- People on the Move: Additions to Brown Surgical, NAIL, YMCA of Pawtucket and RI Hospitality
- People on the Move: new CEO of RI Free Clinic, McKee takes two appointments
- People on the Move: New Bank President, Providence City Hall Appointments, and More